Saturday, July 17, 2010

Final Happy Block Swap Top


I participated in a 6 month long happy block swap where each month we had a different theme. As I am sure you can tell from some of my earlier posts I think this makes #4 with happy blocks.

This is the last quilt top in happy blocks and I combined two of the months. One month was a red and black swap and one month was a black and white swap. I wanted to make a larger top so I combined the two together. I really like the way it came out and look forward to quilting it so I can use it in my family room.

We are currently having a heat wave and I will have to put off quilting the tops for now as it is just too hot to work on them. Will get back to the quilting when the heat breaks.

I have a few odds and ends of happy blocks left and I am thinking of using them to make pot holders for Christmas gifts. This would also allow me to have some practice with free form quilting.

Now I am off to cut some fabric to make my swap blocks for July. This month it is Pinwheel Askew blocks using red, white and blue scraps. Should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment