Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Memory Quilts

This past summer my uncle died. His sisters miss him very much. My mom has given me his old shirts and pants and I will be taking them apart and making 5 quilts. That way each sister will have a remembrance of her brother. Depending on how much fabric I actually get from the deconstruction I hope to be able to make lap size quilts for each sister. If not, I will be making wall hangings. The first pattern I have already decided on is the Twister design. I still need to pick four other designs. My goal is to have all five quilts made by the anniversary of his passing this summer. I began taking the shirts apart today. It appears that I will be getting about 3/4 yd of usable fabric per shirt. I think I will incorporate the pockets into one of the quilts. So still need to figure out what I will do for the other three.

No comments:

Post a Comment