Monday, January 23, 2012

Swap Guidelines



Today's quilting time was spent writing up guidelines for a scrappy house swap and a scrap bag, block swap. Both should be really fun and my quilt group should participate well since we have had a lot of buzz about both these swaps. I want to do both but, jut don't know if I have time to do them.


I really want to do the house swap and have already decided how to complete the quilt. I want a center block that says, "Home is where your heart is!" To make a lap quilt I would like to get 35 7 1/2" blocks. But will make up the difference in what I get to do this quilt.The twist with this quilt is we also send along a note with our block saying what we thinks make a home and personalize our block to represent each of us. I always have flowers in my front yard and in my windows so I will do something with flowers.



The scrap bag block swap should be equally fun where you use scraps sent to you along with scraps of your own mixed together to make blocks to swap. Then you pass on the bag of scraps to the next person and they do the same thing. So all the blocks you get back should have some coordinating fabrics, thus they should all blend together to make a quilt. I would like to get 12 blocks from this swap. As the size requirement is 12 1/2 unfinished.

No comments:

Post a Comment