Friday, May 14, 2010

Beach Happy Block Quilt and Tent Stake Bag


Well today I was side tracked a bit due to DS asking me if I would make a bag for his tent stakes so he would not loose them during his Boy Scout event this weekend. I dug through my fabric closet and found some cordura and make a drawstring bag. It took me longer to find the fabric than it did to make the bag, but now he has a container for the tent stakes. He asked me this afternoon before he left if I could make him a new toiletries bag since his old one is falling apart. I was going to make him one for summer camp anyway so may try to make it this weekend.

All the beach blocks have the sashing sewn on and tomorrow I will sandwich it together. I don't know if I will get it quilted or not.

If the weather is good here tomorrow I really need to work in the yard. We have had snow and rain for over a week and my plants really need to be put into the earth. They are exploding their containers. Since there is no freeze expected tonight I will leave them on the porch so they can get used to the cold again. Half of my garden is already planted and I have had to cover it up to protect the new shoots. When will I finally start seeing summer. I am ready, come on summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment