Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Elf Day

Since I try to do something for Christmas at least once a month I always make sure on the 25th of the month I work on Christmas. I call it elf day so I know it means Christmas related.

Today I decided to work on our advent plans. My family always does scripture reading during advent as well as other things such as reading a children's book, playing a game, doing puzzles or answering trivia questions. It is just a special time we set aside at dinner time to spend as a family. Last year I was ill prior to Christmas and did not do anything special but the scripture reading and DH and DS were both disappointed. So I thought this year I would be an "early bird" and have everything planned and ready to go. Both told me how much they missed our dinner activities.

I picked out the scripture readings as well as items to read related to customs, traditions, or symbols we use at Christmas. I do try to make this time educational as well as fun. I also selected word finds, crossword puzzles, same and different pictures, as well as sentence starters.

I wrapped the children's Christmas books and put them in the basket. I made sure the advent candles were ready to go and added them to the basket as well. I placed the readings in the basket too and have placed it all in a bag so it will remain together and dust free. This was a productive Elf Day.

I looked at my to make list for Christmas and will start sewing some of them next month.

Oh, I listened to Christmas music while I was do this and even had a cup of hot chocolate.
It really did seem to be a little bit like Christmas here to.

No comments:

Post a Comment