Sunday, May 16, 2010

Block Swap Blocks


Today I am working on the two blocks I am making for the block swap. The colors are blue, yellow and WOW. I picked a small blue print, a 30's repro fabric in yellow and a simple WOW. I have the pieces cut out and now need to sew them together. This should make cute blocks. I need to get my block swap blocks out the door this week.

I am continuing to work on the other UFO's also still hoping to have them done by June 1.

The weather today was beautiful and I spent much of the day working in my garden. I have all the cucumbers, zucchini and yellow squash plants planted in the earth now, they were outgrowing their starter pots. The tomatoes are out of the containers and into the earth. I do still have walls of water around them to keep them warm. I have made rows for the beans, peas, lettuce, spinach and radishes. Will plant my seeds tomorrow. I have the planters at the front door planted as well as the pots of plants on the patio.

Now if the weather does not decide to freeze again I should be off to a good start for the garden. Grass is mowed and trees trimmed so yard is looking good. Need to get the outside sprinkler systems working again always hard to get everything back working after the long Colorado winters.

No comments:

Post a Comment