Saturday, April 24, 2010

Flower Garden Quilt




I was inspired this morning when I went to the local garden center. I came home with the idea to make "Mom's Flower Garden". I will use approximately 40 assorted 2 1/2 strips. A jelly roll would make this easy, but since I want to use as much as possible of the fabric I have I will cut the strips myself. That way too I can control the variety of fabrics to be used. I will applique a flower on white quilt blocks and join them with the strip blocks. I will also have a white border where flowers will vine around the edge. I have started picking out the colors for the strips. Now I must decide how big to make the quilt and if I have time to get it all done by Mother's Day. I think this would be a great gift for my Mom for Mother's Day. So now I have a new goal.

The binding is all sewn on the T-shirt quilt and DH can now enjoy his quilt.

I have machine stitched all the binding on the Christmas Quilt and will work on the hand work while watching TV tonight.

Well, I can't quilt if I am on the computer, so guess I better get back to quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment