Friday, April 23, 2010

Happy Block Swap Quilt


Several months ago I participated in a swap for black and white and red and black happy blocks. Today is the day I will start putting the blocks together. I really like the variations of colors in the swapped blocks and think this will be a great quilt. No plans yet on who I might give it to, but think it would make a lovely gift.

Got up this morning and have sewed the binding around the T-shirt quilt so now I can start working on the handwork in the evening. I plan to sew the binding on the Christmas quilt today too, but need to get more green thread first.

With spring coming, even if it does not look that way out my window, I have snow and rain currently with wind, I want to design a candle mat with a basket of pansies on it. I have a pansy in the yard blooming and will need to study the blossom so I can make it look realistic. I will probably make an Amish basket block and applique the pansies on the basket.

Well off to the sewing machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment